Wednesday 3 March 2010

Enduring appeal



Mama loves Audrey Hepburn and her movies. I remember we were watching ‘Roman Holiday’ and ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ together back in Bukit Panjang. That was, well, way before Gabby was even an idea.

I’m not really into romance, but I was captivated by Audrey’s appeal and her sheer performance. She was simply stunning; she's sophisticated, yet refined and stylish. I believe that she’s the one who immortalized headscarf as part of the feminine garment which remains an iconic fashion to this day. This classy, enduring appeal was also adopted by Supermodel such as Kate Moss.

Well, we have our mini-version of Audrey here. Yes, it’s our very own Gabby 'Hepburn' Hon!



One fine evening, she woke up from her usual weekend power-nap and decided to turn her coverings into a head dress. We didn't reherse this, and I don't think she has met Audrey (yet). But any resemblance is purely coincidental.

Willingly, she became our ‘Supermodel’ for the evening and offers herself for some photo-taking opportunities. Strickly for my camera only...


Heh heh… My daughter beri cute leh! “Baba xi bei hao lian…”
.


.

1 comment: