Thursday 25 February 2010

Show me the money!


Gabby n her Ultra-piggy bank

The importance of savings

When I was younger, I often heard stuffs like that from my parents and the elderly. But never really take their advice to heart. I used to play deaf when they start their 'nags'. This went on into my teenage years and persisted well into my adulthood.

It didn't border me until we got married, owned a house, and kids 'suddenly' appeared. Then, we started asking the obvious, history-repeats-itself question: "Where did all that money gone to?"

I think to myself: Yep, its the movies I have watched, CDs and DVDs I have bought, toys and posters I have collected... and the list goes on and on. I admit, bulk of these stuffs are totally unnecessary and useless today. Its taking up space and in the end, I have to get them out of my way. Zena said this in a funny, canto-style tone: "They are preventing earth from turning!"

Ok baby, I get the point...

I once heard this wise saying: "What is the point of using money you don't have, to buy the things you don't need, and impress people who don't even care?!" - Sounds a lot like my parents breathing down my neck, but it sure makes whole lotta sense!


We often run to paid seminars, buy self-help books, tune in to professional advice and talkshows for the very thing that our parents and the wise elderly are saying for free.

So, as a responsible dad, I did the absolute necessary thing... to teach my daughter on the importance of savings.


Gabby completes her round of savings

No comments:

Post a Comment